Aktuella uppdateringar 2015

Visar 1 inlägg (av 1 totalt)
  • Författare
    MagnusSWE8
    Keymaster

Micke Weston rapporterar här om vad man har diskuterat med tillverkaren i samband med den Tyska hobbymässan nyligen.

Hi all – Sorry I have not been in contact for a while but have been busy with RC Yachts.

The team (Mike, Mark Dicks & John Tushingham) met up with Joysway in Germany at the Nuremberg Toy Fair a couple of weeks ago to discuss the DF65. They informed us they have now produced over 6,300 in the first year & a half – some going!!

Improvements we suggested for the DF65 – these will not affect the performance.

• A few yachts have suffered from hull cracking around the fin box – to be strengthened.
    • Bow sheeting elastic bolt fixing can be weak – the bolt might be removed & elastic fitted to eye bolt 3 (middle eye for jib attachment).
    • Sloppy rudder mount – to be addressed.
    • Mast slider bolt to be replaced a round head bolt – less lightly to catch jib sheeting.
    • Issues with both fin bolts being too long or too short – to be addressed.
    • They replaced eye bolt 4 with a screw but the cord can chafe on the thread – this should be replaced with a hook.
    • Plastic main boom to completion strut fitting requires strengthening – to be addressed.

I believe that this is all the improvements we discussed. It is great to work with a company that actually listen & like the issues we have had before, like mast & booms splitting, will be addressed.

Happy sailing – Mike

Visar 1 inlägg (av 1 totalt)
  • Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.