Open Nordic Championship – Dragon Force 65
Notice Of Race
At Halmstads Segelsällskap, Småbåtsgatan 30290 Halmstad, Sweden 13-14th October 2018.
This NOR is issued on 12th of August 2018
1. EVENT SCHEDULE
Friday 12th October 11.00 – 16.00 Registration, requisite scrutiny and Practice.
Free Practice will be permitted from 09.00 – 17.00
Saturday 13th October 08.00 – 09.30 Completion of Final Registration
09.45 Race Briefing
10.00 Warning Signal
Lunch break details to be advised (bring your own or purchase from the club)
No RACE will start after 17.30. Any heat still in progress at 17.45 will be abandoned.
Social Evening at Vinyl (details will be available here “länk till vinyl sportbar, detta alternativ kan komma att ändras”)
Sunday 14th October
09.30 Race Briefing
09.45 Warning signal
Lunch break details as for Saturday 13th
No RACE will start after 16.00. Any Race will be abandoned if the first boat in the ‘A’ heat has not finished by 16.30
Prize giving will follow completion of racing as soon as practicable.
2. VENUE – Halmstads Segelsällskap harbour with surroundings. https://www.google.se/maps/place/Halmstads+Segelsällskapemail@example.com,12.8492002,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4651a2d8e75949fb:0x9dbe9f5e805a04af!8m2!3d56.6606466!4d12.8506271
3. ORGANISING AUTHORITY The organising authority for the event is the Svenska Dragon Force 65 förbundet and responsibility for the management of the event is delegated o Halmstads Segelsällskap.
4. RULES The event will be governed by the current version of the following rules:
Racing Rules of Sailing as changed by the RRS Appendix E
Equipment Rules of Sailing
Dragon Force 65 Class Rules
Heat Management System (HMS)
National Championships Notice of Race
5. REGISTRATION The following shall be presented to the Race Committee at the time requested during the event:
where applicable, the owner’s valid personal sail number certificate for foreign competitors, proof of membership of their Delegated National Member If any of the above is not available at the event, but a competitor claims that they exist, the competitor shall sign a declaration to that effect and send a copy of the missing document to the Race Committee within seven days of the end of the event.
Emergency Contact details MUST be provided before completion of Registration
6. SCORING AND RACING SYSTEM Scoring and Racing System shall be as per Section 4.
7. MEASUREMENT The Race Committee may direct that boats in the event shall be scrutineered. Random spot checks may be conducted throughout the duration of the event. In the event of sail number clashes, competitors required to amend sail numbers will be notified.
8. FREQUENCIES Permitted frequencies are 27 MHz, 40 MHz and 2.4 GHz For frequency bands other than 2.4GHz, a minimum of five (5) frequencies shall be stated on the entry form and be available at the event.
9. PROTESTS A protest committee will be appointed by the Race Committee to hear any protests arising from the event and may comprise competitors not involved in the incident.
10. ENTRIES & ELIGIBILITY Members of Svenska Dragon force 65 förbundet and is also open to members of foreign clubs affiliated to a Delegated National Member of IRSA., SE Entrants must be affiliated to the Svenska Dragon force 65 förbundet as at the closing entry date.
The number of entries shall be limited by the provisions of the Heat Management System (HMS).
Entries shall be made before the closing date for entries, 30h September 2018 as follows:
Online, using the online entry system via the Svenska Dragon Force 65 förbundet. LÄNK.
The contact for Entries is : Jonas Samson firstname.lastname@example.org +46-(0)729-630990
After the closing date late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the organising authority and shall incur an additional late entry fee of SEK150.
11. ENTRY FEES The entry fee of SEK500 shall be paid by Friday 6th October2018. The entry will only be valid once the entry fee has been received by the Organising Committee by the due date.
Entries and Fees should be sent to the contact details in Section 10 Cheques shall be made payable to GOSPORT MODEL YACHT & BOAT CLUB or GMYBC either of which are acceptable to the bank. Payment by Bank transfer is NOT possible. (här behöver jag lite hjälp)
12. COMPETITORS WITH DISABILITY Competitors that require any form of help or special requirements should, prior to entry, get in touch with the club contact given in Section 10 to check if the club is able to help with the provision of any such special requirements. The onus is on the competitor to establish whether the available facilities are adequate before deciding to enter the event
13. PRIZES AND TROPHIES Prizes or trophies will be awarded in accordance with the National Championships Regulations. It is also anticipated that all junior entrants shall receive a recognition award.
14. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY All those entering or taking part in this event do so at their own risk and responsibility. The organising authority, the host club and any other parties involved in the organisation of this event disclaim any and every responsibility whatsoever for loss, damage, injury or inconvenience that might occur to persons and goods both ashore or on the water as a consequence of entering or participating in the event covered by this Notice of Race.
At all times the responsibility for the safety of their boat and themselves plus the decision to participate or continue must rest with the competitor.
15. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, ADVICE AND ENQUIRIES Other useful information such as accommodation lists, meals, local attractions and entertainment will be posted on an event page of the Club website which can be viewed at https://www.hss1910.nu (inget avtalat men går säkert att lösa)
Those competitors and partners wishing to attend the Social Evening on Saturday 13th at Vinyl MUST have paid in advance (fee to be included with Race entry fee), the same deadline as for Race entries and will be provided with tickets at registration. Details will be on the Race entry form and the Club Website.
Fresh water will be provided to wash off yachts. Competitors are encouraged to use hand washing facilities provided. Yachts and equipment may be stored overnight in the clubhouse boat store at the owners’ risk. The clubhouse will be locked and alarmed.